Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the customer satisfaction survey setting ratings automatically?

Frosty Meyer September 23, 2022

We recently noticed random survey ratings coming through for almost every issue that was resolved or our customers.

This includes tickets I created with 2 different test users on different mail services (gmail and yahoo). 

When the issue is first resolved, it shows no survey results, then shortly after I receive the email in my inbox, the issue seems to update all by itself, without my clicking on any of the stars in the email survey. 

When I view the issue with an Agent account, the activity shows that my test user sent 5 updates, all at the same time to set the Satisfaction Date.

It seems like something with the mail servers is triggering the rating.  This happens for issues that I never open the survey for too.  So it's not related to me opening the email and the images loading, and that somehow triggering the survey update.

We want to use the survey, but with this random action, we don't know if people are actually sending feedback, or it's just some random value. 

Screenshot of the activity:

-CCS-366-Testing-Survey-settings-Clarity-JIRA.png

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

@Frosty Meyer -

Hi Justin:

This is very odd as it will take actual customer action to complete the Satisfaction response.  Can you check to see if you have any automation rule associated with your JSM project that somehow triggered the event?

Otherwise - I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further inquiry of this oddity.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Nic February 11, 2024

It's not odd at all. We see this often and it's caused by bots/anti-virus checker/link expander. 

It would be great if Atlassian would provide us with a way to either exclude these ratings or prevent it by allow us to not include rating links in the customer satisfaction survey.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Customer-continually-sends-1-star-ratings-potential-systems/qaq-p/1497901

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events