Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is reporter forced into the Excluded approvers list?

Seth Weisfeld April 5, 2023

I have tried checking every setting but can't figure out why reporters are automatically put into the excluded approvers list. I have tried playing with different options in the workflow approval step and I just can't figure how to stop this from occurring. In fact we'd prefer if the approver was automatically set to the reporter, we especially don't want them excluded. Any help is appreciated!Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 10.52.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-05 at 11.28.46 PM.png

2 answers

1 vote
Derrek James October 6, 2023

I ran into this same problem today: 

• Start by navigating to the applicable workflow's editor. Here's an example:
    • Project Settings > Workflows > Edit symbol:

• Click the approval step, then edit next to "Include approval step"
  • Click next to get to the second screen:
  • Remove reporter
    • image.png
Derrek James October 6, 2023

I tired to give you all the screenshots, but Atlassian limited me on my first post. Maybe I can add them now. Hope it helps someone in the future

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

0 votes
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Seth Weisfeld ,

This option is available, because the person who open the Ticket (Reporter) and the person who approve the Ticket (Approver) don´t have sense if is the same person.

Think in this case:

I open a Ticket, and aprove myself.,,, 

*This is not a mandatory Field.

Hope it help you ;)

Seth Weisfeld April 5, 2023

How can we disable or override this setting since in our use case the reporter is the approver (for example we use JSM to handle internal design request) ? 

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2023

*This is not a mandatory Field.

You dont have to put any value if you dont want exclude any user.

Seth Weisfeld April 6, 2023

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, as soon as the reporter is added as an approver that user is listed as an excluded approver. I'm trying to figure out how disable this from automatically happening. So currently some setting is requiring all reporters to be excluded from approving but I can't find any setting that would cause that behavior other than the workflow approval steps and those clearly aren't set wrong. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events