Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why emailed request emails are suppressed ?

Santhosh Raj July 26, 2024

I recently find some of the emails are being suppressed. 

Customer Access in Open for the respective project. Also only doing Emailed request as a project 

So I wanted to know these things 

• Why Getting Suppressed ?
  • How to Fix this  ?
  • How can we avoid this issue in future ?

Please give me detailed version how ? So we will avoid such things 

4 answers

2 votes
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

I have experienced this.  To answer the last part first, Atlassian hasn't published, to my knowledge, a list of rules that get email domains suspended, I can assume what the rules are, but I won't.

You need to enter a support ticket to have Atlassian look at domains you suspect are being blocked/suspended.  I will typically check the few things in my control first just to make sure it's not on my end.  These are things like email client settings, email server settings, DNS and dmarc.

I would ask Atlassian Support to give you an overview of why/how they suspend domains, and what to do to avoid this.  And maybe Atlassian Support could write an article for us to help everyone avoid this going forward.

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Hi Santhosh,

My understanding is that invite emails especially get sent before the email account is fully setup on the customer end. When that happens, Atlassian gets a response back that this is not a valid account. So it goes onto the suppression list. It might appear to be whole domains sometimes because multiple invites have gone out at the same time and the new user email accounts have not been fully setup. 

This happened at my last org because we thought the invite would just be there whenever we got the email going and didn't pay attention to the order we did when onboarding new employees in the company. Once we learned this, we never sent a Jira invite until the email user account was fully ready to go. We never had another user end up on the suppression list. 

This can also happen if the user changes their email address or something else happens on the customer's end to cause the email account to look like it is currently invalid for some reason. 

Having said that, you need to open a support ticket with Atlassian to have them check if the email address is on the suppression list. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

0 votes
Nicolas Grossi
Banned
July 26, 2024

@Santhosh Raj There are some times the emails domains are bounced for different reasons and someone form Atlassian "do the trick" to get them back working.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2024

That's not an acceptable answer.

Like Nicolas Grossi likes this
Nicolas Grossi
Banned
July 26, 2024

@John Funk Why? Because of the expression "do the trick" ?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2024

There's no real information there. It is very vague about the actual cause/problem and the solution. It sounds like an Atlassian fairy will just show up and fix it. 

Nicolas Grossi
Banned
July 26, 2024

@John Funk Sorry, i did not say that, i will continue answering.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events