Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Organization field not get set for specific users?

Martin.bluck
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2021

Our CS manager has the ability to view the tickets that her team submit to our IT helpdesk (which they do by sending an email to our custom email address), however there are two employees whose tickets she cannot see.

Both of these employees are members of the Customer Support organization, we've noticed that when they send the email to generate the ticket - the Organization isn't being set.

Please could someone advise and/or point me in the direction of where we can check within the admin settings?

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4 answers

1 vote
Viktorija Berne March 1, 2023

Having the same issue, and I have noticed, that the customers within the organization have the status invited. 

So I am wondering, if this has something to do with that....

0 votes
Esteban Diaz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2022

Hey, I had the same problem ... and you will find the solution selecting Customer Permissions and then Change the Global settings Option...

Capture1.PNG

Once you get into Change the Global settings option you will need to select YES on Should new requests automatically be shared with a customer's organization?

Capture2.PNG

And this is it... problem solved 😎...

Felipe de Souza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2023

The problem is when I have some ticket to open and I don't want to share for personal reasons (e.g. HR issues). The user not always will remeber to set to not share. I think the logic of this feature should be the opposite (I activelly share if I want to, otherwise, will no be shared but the organization should be assigned automatically anyway)

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2021

@Martin.bluck By default, the organization is set at the bottom of the issue.  The user has the ability when they are submitting the issue to change this to no one.  You should check with the users and see if they are changing this on submission.  Then have their manager work with them to ensure that they follow the process of submitting it as part of the organization.  

Capture.PNG

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

Hi @Martin.bluck and welcome to the community!

This is rather strange, since by default Organization will be populated on create. Can you:

• Check the history of such a request and see if Organization is being removed either manually, or via an automation?
  • Tell the admin to check the issue's type workflow for a post function that clears this field
  • Tell the admin to check for a Jira Automation rule that clears this field
  • Check if the customer belonging to Customer Support, belong to another organization as well?
lee hill
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 20, 2021

Hi Alex,

thank you for your comments, its @Martin.bluck Jira Admin here!

have checked the requests of the user, there seems to be nothing in the history of the requests to indicate the field being cleared.

there are no post functions on the creation transition of the request that interact with the field.

have reviewed legacy and new Automation rules, nothing in there, also nothing on the Automations section on the right hand side.

the customer doesn't belong to another organisation unfortunately!

what may have been missed is that, if the request is submitted on the portal, the organisation is set and present at all stages, if the issue is submitted via the email channel (using the same issue type) it is never set.

regards

Lee

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events