Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Description field disappear from emailed requests form?

Bader Almarhoon October 2, 2022

Hello,

We're currently testing JIRA Cloud service management so we can start using it to manage support requests received by external customers via Email.

It seems that the Description field will magically disappear one day despite the extensive testing the day before. We have been testing the system for over a month now before we start using it officially and it seems that I can't trust it to go live with it and share it with our customers. 

Yesterday I setup a whole project and I was able to send emails and receive them as tickets properly and manage the tickets and close them. However, today in the morning the first thing I do is to send an email to the JIRA email that's configured for the project and for some reason I see this issue. 

It keeps happening almost everyday and I can't find a resolution to it. this is almost a deal breaker for us if we're unable to receive emails due to this issue.

xwgIcIw6pk.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

Hi Bader,

Not sure of the exact problem you are having, but I would check the Request From associated with the issue type (and the screen scheme associated with the issue type) to make sure the Description field is on the screen/form. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events