Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why am I getting this error when I am trying to add a person to a service project?

Edited

I am trying to add this person to the Service Management Portal. I have confirmed her email address, but I am still getting this error when I try to add her. Any ideas?

Further info: Cynthia is out of the office this week, so she has an autoreply set up to let people know. Could the autoreply be keeping the system from allowing me to add her to the portal?

Capture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao Community Leader Feb 17, 2021

@Rebecca Wiley - I'd check if Cynthia isn't already present on your site, and that her account is active (via user management).

Thanks, Dave. Cynthia is absolutely not on our list anywhere. This is truly a mystery to me. I've never had this trouble adding someone before.

Dave Liao Community Leader Feb 18, 2021

@Rebecca Wiley - gotcha. You're a site or org admin, right? Confirmed that she's not in the "Manage Users" section of the Atlassian Admin site (admin.atlassian.com)?

Also, for the intended Jira service management project, under "Channels & People", try searching for Cynthia and see if she turns up?

To answer one of your original questions, the auto reply shouldn't have any impact on whether you can add someone as a customer to your site.

I'm an admin for the company that actually handles the support tickets for Cynthia's company and other companies. I'm a support queue manager. I will do as you suggest.

Thank you!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao Community Leader Feb 18, 2021

@Rebecca Wiley - also check under "People" (in the project) to see if she's there already? So many places to check...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

315 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you