Why am I getting this error when I am trying to add a person to a service project?

Rebecca Wiley February 17, 2021

I am trying to add this person to the Service Management Portal. I have confirmed her email address, but I am still getting this error when I try to add her. Any ideas?

Further info: Cynthia is out of the office this week, so she has an autoreply set up to let people know. Could the autoreply be keeping the system from allowing me to add her to the portal?

Capture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

@Rebecca Wiley - I'd check if Cynthia isn't already present on your site, and that her account is active (via user management).

Rebecca Wiley February 18, 2021

Thanks, Dave. Cynthia is absolutely not on our list anywhere. This is truly a mystery to me. I've never had this trouble adding someone before.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

@Rebecca Wiley - gotcha. You're a site or org admin, right? Confirmed that she's not in the "Manage Users" section of the Atlassian Admin site (admin.atlassian.com)?

Also, for the intended Jira service management project, under "Channels & People", try searching for Cynthia and see if she turns up?

To answer one of your original questions, the auto reply shouldn't have any impact on whether you can add someone as a customer to your site.

Rebecca Wiley February 18, 2021

I'm an admin for the company that actually handles the support tickets for Cynthia's company and other companies. I'm a support queue manager. I will do as you suggest.

Thank you!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2021

@Rebecca Wiley - also check under "People" (in the project) to see if she's there already? So many places to check...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events