cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While I’m adding a workflow to a project scheme I got an error

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

Hello Team,

im having a issue while im adding a workflow to project scheme. It’s a newly created project it has only 2 tickets and Please refer the screenshot that I’m attaching.

anyone aware of this issue please help me to resolve this bug issue. It’s a production issue and it’s happening for that particular project scheme

54D18B11-DCE8-4DAC-A193-B08154C5B144.jpeg

thanks, 

phani

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2020

Makes sense, there's already a migration between workflows in progress, so it's not going to start another one (if it did, it would trash your data).  Leave it long enough to finish the current migration and try again (assuming it's not the same migration repeated)

If your migration is taking too long though, you may need to stop and restart the Jira service.  "Too long" is very vague, so as a bit of a guide, I did a Jira server workflow migration on a very complex project a couple of years ago - 8 hours to update a project with 200,000 issues on middle-of-the-range hardware.  If you're hanging around after a day, it's probably gone wrong and needs a restart.  But, check the log before doing anything.

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2020

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

If I try to create a new scheme and Associate with that project will that resolves ??   Because that’s a new project and there are no issues in that project. And we are using data center version we are running on 10 nodes So restarting will take time for us is there any alternate to workaround???

thansk,

kumar

Like Cristiano Mariano likes this
Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2020

I checked today now I’m getting another error

so I went to project > project settings > summary 

I’m not seeing workflow info in that summary page and left side options from the project settings when I click on workflow I’m getting an error 

“The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response . we are unsure of the result of this operation”

That’s the error message I got 

thansk,

kumar

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2020

What does the log say the problem is?

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2020

After all the mess we have resolved the issue we got some other bug issue as well I found an article in atlassian I followed these the issue has resolved . The issue is the dual entry of workflow has created and from db we have deleted the duplicate workflow and we have restarted all the nodes one by one

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/the-jira-application-statuses-page-throws-a-500-error-608731194.html

and thanks for your quick response 

Thanks,

kumar

0 votes
Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2020

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  @Cristiano Mariano 

The error messages says 

“Migration in progress (you cannot make changes to this page while migration is in progress for the project)”

And the workflow scheme gets freezed I’m unable to click on discard or canceled and From Admin panael > issues> worflowscehme I open the workflow scheme  from there also i the screen is freezed.

84D1C1B9-0822-4FBF-9A63-CAB122114E91.jpeg

thansk,

phani

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2020

I'm afraid your screenshot is too small to be readable.

Could you give us the text of the warning message?  And explain what part of it you do not understand?

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2020

Hi @Kumar How are you doing?

Unfortunately I was not able to read the content of the screenshot.

Would you please send a new one and/or copy+paste the error message?

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events