Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Which one should I choose between Team-managed service management VS service management

Hi!

We started using Jira Service Management a while back using Next-gen.

Over time I observed some changes made with JSM like Next-gen now being Team-managed service management and a new option for Service management. 

I'm particularly interested on the difference between templates IT service management and IT service management (Essentials). When in particular would you suggest to choose one over the other?

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim Community Leader Apr 28, 2022

Hi @Patricia Campos

This article provides some insight which would apply to jsm project too. Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/

If you want full control without the need of a sys admin, you would choose team managed jsm projects.

Regards

Thank you @Fabian Lim

This is very helpful.

Would you know if Atlassian "rebranded" Classic as the service management type and Next gen as the Team-managed service management type?

Fabian Lim Community Leader Apr 29, 2022

Hi @Patricia Campos

Classic is company based and next gen is team based now.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

245 views 1 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you