Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which one should I choose between Team-managed service management VS service management

Patricia Campos April 28, 2022

Hi!

We started using Jira Service Management a while back using Next-gen.

Over time I observed some changes made with JSM like Next-gen now being Team-managed service management and a new option for Service management. 

I'm particularly interested on the difference between templates IT service management and IT service management (Essentials). When in particular would you suggest to choose one over the other?

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

Hi @Patricia Campos

This article provides some insight which would apply to jsm project too. Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/

If you want full control without the need of a sys admin, you would choose team managed jsm projects.

Regards

Patricia Campos April 29, 2022

Thank you @Fabian Lim

This is very helpful.

Would you know if Atlassian "rebranded" Classic as the service management type and Next gen as the Team-managed service management type?

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Hi @Patricia Campos

Classic is company based and next gen is team based now.

Regards

Like Mykenna Cepek likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events