Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my new Insight for Jira Service Management Cloud Premium?

Shaun McGuire March 31, 2021

It is my understanding that effective 3/31/21, if we have a Service Management Cloud Premium account, we should automatically have a new version (integrated?) of Insight.

Nothing appears to have changed in my cloud instance. Where would I see this update? What should I be expecting? Where is the documentation to use these new features? Is it really any different that the previous Insight Cloud app?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Shaun McGuire , 

this feature will be rolled out gradually in the next few weeks : you might have to wait a bit to see Insight popup on your instance.

You can also have a look at the Insight Cloud FAQ from Atlassian : https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/insight-jira-service-management

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Shaun McGuire March 31, 2021

Thank you for your reply, Alexis.

From the link you provided: "...After the announcement on March 31, the capabilities should appear within a week..."

From an email I received from Atlassian support on 3/26 from Zaldy: "Just to clarify, on March 31, 2021 Insight capabilities will be integrated into the Jira Service Management Premium and Enterprise plans. So, you must have a Jira Service Management Premium or Enterprise license to access Insight functionality. If you do have this license then Insight objects can be used in Jira Software and Jira Core projects."

I assumed from that email that I since I have a premium license I would have the new functionality today.

I guess I have to wait a little while longer...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

It could happen any time - it can take a while for Atlassian to go round every Cloud system and update each one, but they don't always tell us that very loudly.

For a lot of the updates, it can be up to six weeks, but this one is apparently slated for a maximum of a week.  Best case, it'll appear next time you log in, worst case, when you log in next Thursday.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events