Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can you edit the permissions to bulk edit issues?

Lotte Vaesen August 18, 2022

Hello, 

I wanted to bulk edit my created issues in Jira via Filters - Edit tickets, but it seems I don't have the authority to do so. Now the question is, where can we adapt my permissions so that I can do this myself. 

Hopefully someone can help. 

2 answers

0 votes
Charles Mutunga August 18, 2022

To add to what Nic has mentioned, there will be an admin in your organization in a product {or Jira} administration role. This person generally makes configurations across multiple projects (for example creating schemes etc.) and has the permission to add groups to global permissions.

The global permission you need is “make bulk changes”. The administrator can either add a group you belong to to this global permission or alternatively add you to a group that already  has this specific global permission.

While this is a fairly routine activity, bulk changes should be made carefully, as carelessness can severely and adversely impact multiple projects since most changes are not easily reversed.

That might be why your product admin has limited permission to this feature

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The bulk-edit permission is a global one - you need to be a member of one of the groups named to have it.  Your admins can tell you what the groups are (and add new ones) by going to Admin -> System -> Global permissions

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events