Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using the Create Linked Issue button, only issue types are shown (not request types)

Shannon February 24, 2020

We want to be able to create linked issues using our existing, specific request types. For example, if a customers asks us to relocate their office, we need to submit other requests for technical work to be complete; i.e. "IP Change" which requires fields such as Old IP, and New IP and Mac Address. 

Submitting a general support request without this required info will not be useful. 

1 answer

0 votes
Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2020

Hi,

if you are creating a linked issue (from the inside, I suppose), a create issue screen pops up. You will have to add Customer Request Type to the Create issue screen in order to be able to select it. Go to the Project settings > Screens and add it.

Shannon February 25, 2020

I guess I don't know why the create issue screen for linked issues is different from the create issue screen that pops up when you use the + in the left navigation. I don't see a way to modify the create issue screen that is tied to Linked Issue creation. 

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

Hi, this isn't available yet, it seems, I hae just voted:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-3917?_ga=2.108673153.2053386061.1582644303-822825305.1575721766&error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=f55e2c95-e091-4bf5-b1f0-b5b4d8954ccb

So you will have to create the linked issue with reduced details first, then modify them, once the issue was opened.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events