Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did the SLA breach?

Neil Atkin September 20, 2022

Hi, im looking to see how i can report on WHEN a ticket breached its SLA.  I cant find any fields that populate when the breach actually occurred.  Only if it has / hasnt or how long is remaining.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hey @Neil Atkin ,

I don't believe the actual time of breaching is stored (or at least not in a field you can access through the gui (you might be able to in the api but not sure about that))

If you need this for the future you could add a custom date field and set up an automation to run when an issue is breached. If so, then populate that field with the date.

I did find this feature suggestion for it but it is "gathering interest"

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-3881

Another solution is to look towards an app like Time to SLA which has enhanced SLA features which should also keep that date available. (but then you would need to invest)

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans  - thanks for that.  Yeah i was thinking exactly that for automation, but the 'time to resolution' field isnt available as a Condition to select.  as i was thinking i could get a new custom field to update with the date when the 'time to resolution' = Breached - any suggestions?  Thanks

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

You won't see it a condition to set but it is available as a Trigger.

image.png

On that one you can select your SLA to monitor and once breached/almost breached you can do an action, being an edit on the issue that updates the field :)

You the man Dirk.  That's got it working! Thanks again!Capture.JPG

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2022

Great!

One thing to consider with this tho is that if you have multi-cycle SLA's it will be overwritten.

If you need all dates you might consider using a text field and concatenating the dates so you know it for each cycle.

Like Neil Atkin likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events