When attempting to use Discovery Tool I receive error: "Error calling API to validate token"

Paul Paci March 31, 2022

When attempting to use Discovery Tool I receive error: "Error calling API to validate token"

I am trying to get the Discovery Tool to communicate to my Jira Insight Schema. I successfully generated the token and chose cloud as the Export type. When selecting the "Verify Token" Button I receive an error stating "Error calling API to validate token". Can someone offer a solution/remedy to get this working?

Of note, I am performing this in a QA environment and the token was generated from our sandbox in Atlassian.net.

Much appreciated for any assistance.

Below is what the log shows:

3/31/2022 11:47:40 AM : Error calling API to validate token
3/31/2022 11:47:40 AM : Exceptions:
3/31/2022 11:47:40 AM : Failed to get GetInfo from Cloud
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetInfo>d__12.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 135
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<VerifyToken>d__11.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 76
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Insight.Discovery.Forms.ExportSettings.UcCloudTransfer.<button1_Click>d__5.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\Discovery\Forms\ExportSettings\ucCloudTransfer.cs:line 43
3/31/2022 11:47:40 AM : An error occurred while sending the request.
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.InsightHttpClients.HttpClientWrapper.<GetAsync>d__2.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\InsightHttpClients\HttpClientWrapper.cs:line 20
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<<GetInfo>b__0>d.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 104
at Polly.Retry.AsyncRetryEngine.<ImplementationAsync>d__0`1.MoveNext() in /_/src/Polly/Retry/AsyncRetryEngine.cs:line 69
at Polly.AsyncPolicy`1.<ExecuteAsync>d__13.MoveNext()
at Insight.Discovery.Tools.Cloud.Services.InsightHttpService.<GetInfo>d__12.MoveNext() in C:\Source\discovery\DiscoTools\Cloud\Services\InsightHttpService.cs:line 101
3/31/2022 11:47:40 AM : The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Heaton June 27, 2022

I'm getting the same thing by the looks of it, did you have any luck resolving this?

Daniel Heaton June 30, 2022

Managed to figure this one out, for me it was SSL Cipher Suite settings

I'd previously set a GPO to force this list of cipher suites Configure the ‘SSL Cipher Suite Order’ Group Policy Setting | VerifyIT but had somehow missed out the last two entries on it.

I think the Atlassian cert uses  TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 which was one I had missed off my list.

I simply re-entered the settings from that link (correctly, this time) and rebooted, and now it can verify the certificate fine.

Hope this helps somebody!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events