Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When adding People to project under "Service Desk Customer", does this give person a jira license?

Trevor Overstreet June 6, 2022

*Client cannot have access to our Jira platform, ONLY the portal*

I need an approval field (single pick list) on a portal page intake form. The only way I see for this approval process to work on the portal is to filter the Approver field to project role = service desk customer.

My concern is I thought you could only add users to the Customers list of the project in order for the user to not have access to Jira and only have access to the portal page? If I add a user to Project Settings -> People and give the user "Service desk customer" setting will this ONLY give the user access to the portal page?

If not, how do I set this up so I have a list of approvers on the approver field without giving them jira access?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 vote
Josh Martin June 6, 2022

If you add someone as a Customer, they do not have access to the Jira platform- they only have access to the service desk project you added them to.  If you list that customer as an approver in an approver field, then they will be able to approve/deny the request from the customer portal (or by e-mail if you enable it in project settings).  

Trevor Overstreet June 6, 2022

Hey Josh, this has to be a single picklist of multiple approvers so I can't default to one user. When you create a filter on the field you do not have an option to select Customer users hence the project role belowScreen Shot 2022-06-06 at 12.54.03 PM.png

Field configuration below

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 3.07.18 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events