Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the email address of automation?

Marcelo Sanchez August 30, 2021

Hi There,

I have an automation rule where the last part is to send a EMAIL to SMS. My SMS provider asked me to whitelist the "from address" (from Jira automation) for this to work.

I cannot find out which one is it. Can someone let me know please?. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

Hi @Marcelo Sanchez ,

It depends who you set to run the automation rule, do you have an automation user set? It would probably that e-mail used for that user.

Also, you can set to send an e-mail to yourself to test what e-mail is being used.

-Ben

Marcelo Sanchez August 30, 2021

Hi Ben, 

Thank you for your reply and assistance.

I sent an email to test what email is being used, and it is the email from our corporate jira account (<jira@integritysystems.atlassian.net>) which seems not to be the one as I have already whitelisted this email address but it is not working, the EMAIL to SMS integration works as I am able to send EMAIL to SMS from other sources.

The actor is "Automation for Jira", which is the built in account for the automation.

Marcelo.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2021

Hi @Marcelo Sanchez ,

There must be something else blocking it. If you confirm that's the e-mail sent to you , it should be the same if you are using the same rules.

Possibly confirm the whitelist just to make sure the spelling of the e-mail address matches. For example, system with/without an s.

If you are an admin, you also have an option to send a test e-mail directly as well to the e-mail to SMS integration.

-Ben

Marcelo Sanchez September 1, 2021

Hi Ben,

I was able to find out the real email address,

It is no-reply@automation.atlassian.com

By adding that to my SMS provider and whitelisted it I am able to send EMAIL to SMS from Jira automation.

Regards,

Marcelo.

Like Benjamin likes this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

That's great news @Marcelo Sanchez !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events