Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between giving someone a "trusted role" and putting someone in default group?

Fahad Akhtar November 6, 2019

When I invite a user through user management, I can choose there role for them. Either basic, trusted, or site administrator. When I put them in trusted they are put into the jira-servicedesk users group automatically and use up a license. I want to know what the difference is. Could I do either or and it means the same thing or are these two different things? Same goes for basic, could I give them a basic role or could I make give them the project role of service desk customer? If I decide to list a group under product access for JIRA in user management do the people in those groups use up a license? I feel like in JIRA, you can do a lot of different things but get the same result like what I have stated above, is this true. Thank you. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

If you select trusted, the user will get access to all your applications and they also becomes admins of those applications. If you give them basic you have to select which applications they get access to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events