Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best solution to move a ticket from JSM to Jira Software?

Dean October 28, 2022

For contractual reasons, we have separate instances for Jira Service Management and Jira Software - both are Cloud products.

We have a use case where we would like to received change requests into JSM, triage the ticket with the potential to move it to the development project which is in Jira Software.

• Is there a simple solution to complete this process? 
  • If I create an Application Link between the two products will that incur a fee or change to our licensing and thus the monthly billing?

Thank you in advance for any advise, suggestions, and help!

Best regards,

Dean

2 answers

2 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

Hello @Dean 

There are several third party apps available in the Atlassian Marketplace that enable you to synchronize issues between Jira instances. Here's a search to help you get started finding them.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=issue%20sync

I also found a post that mentions Deep Clone for Jira will allow you to use the Clone operation to clone an issue from one instance to another.

https://documentation.codefortynine.com/deep-clone-for-jira/instance-clone

I don't believe there is built in support for moving issues between instances, even if you have an application link. The link just enables you to cross reference between the instance.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Maura Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2022

Hi @Dean ,

The customer who submits a JSM request does not require a license. Anyone who needs access to tickets in Jira Software requires a license. Would it make sense for your use case to keep the JSM ticket open, create a ticket in Jira Software, and then link the Jira Software ticket to the JSM ticket. Automation and/or a third party app could be used to keep the tickets "communicating" and the customer updated.

Dean February 3, 2023

Hi @Maura Swart ,

I'm just now seeing this but that is exactly what we did for the use case noted above. It provides an additional level of accountability from the team but the PM says she is liking the extra step within their process. Checks and balances and complete customer satisfaction - huzzah!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events