Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the QR Code Type for ITAM

Jason Schwoerer July 26, 2024

We need to understand the QR Code Type used by Atlassian in JSM in order to purchase the correct scan guns.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alain Kovacs July 29, 2024

Hi @Jason Schwoerer 

Do I understand correctly that what you'd like to do, is to scan a QR code and store it somehow in Jira?

At my old workplace, we did exactly this. The thing is, that the QR code, the usual ones at least, simply have some text encoded in them, whether it's a number, actual text, URL or something else. Presuming that the gun can scan the QR code, it's output will simply be a "text", just like if you typed it on your keyboard. That's exactly what we did, you'd select the field in which you wanted the "text" to go, then scan it, and text would "magically" appear. 

So to my knowledge, Jira does not "understand QR codes, but every QR code is stored as "text". So in order to purchase the correct guns, you should first know what kind of QR codes you need/want to scan. 
If I understood your request wrong, please provide more info.

Jason Schwoerer July 29, 2024

My question is around the fact that Assets have a built-in QR Code and when we attempt to scan those from the Jira generated code, those fail.  Below is the code for our asset in Jira.
Asset.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events