What is the Difference between Group(Service Desk) and Group Custom Field Value(SPINS Team)

Sreenadh December 28, 2022

Hi,

What is the Difference between Group(Service Desk) and Group Custom Field Value(SPINS Team).

Can some will help me out what is difference of both the things which i have used in the Notifications.

Kindly provide me the details clear manner.

2.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2022

Hi @Sreenadh 

It seems like a custom fields defined in your system by one of your administrator. This generic event once fired (like from a workflow postfunction) can then send email notifications to all the users or groups defined in your notification scheme.

You can check the users in these groups (selected through a group picker field).

I hope it helps.

Ravi

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2022

@Sreenadh -

In the notification scheme configuration, it seems that other Jira admins has setup custom fields (groups based data type) and associated them into the configuration.

You will need to check into those fields and determine how those are being used in your projects.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS