Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your useful metrics for request type analysis?

Özge Kavas December 21, 2022

Hi community,

I'm working on a project which aims to improve the existing service project in Cloud.  The project is not in its best shape. For instance, the customers often use wrong request types for their requests since the current set-up is not self-explanatory enough. 

To start with, I need to have an overview of the current requests so that I can analyze which requests are most misused, which requests are not used at all, etc. For this, I will use "Reports" and I have to create some custom reports since the default ones are not adequate for my analysis.

My question is more about brainstorming and learning new approaches from experts like you: Which kind of metrics would you use to have the best outcome for my analysis? In other words, how would you start analyzing the current status if it was your project?

1 answer

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2022

Hi @xw _ Özge Kavas ,

1. I would run a JQL and see how many tickets were created in each month and for each category. OR use a "Service project report" gadget. 

Example JQL: "Request Type" = "Fix an account problem (ITSM)" and createdDate >= startOfMonth()

2. I would also Group the request types in customer portal so that it is more easy for users to find the required types

image.png

Özge Kavas December 21, 2022

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed

Thank you very much for your insights! I think it's really a good idea to create a dashboard and examine the requests by type for each month. 

For grouping the request types, it's practical to do it if there are many request types. In my case, there are not more than 5, so grouping would mean extra non-value-adding clicks for the end user. But, I agree that it's a good practice for bigger cases. :)

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events