Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What are your main challenges in ITSM processes with JSM?

The last year brought about massive changes in how businesses operate their ITSM models. Organizations are compelled to embrace modern technologies and build processes for a larger scale and scope. Luckily, platforms like Jira Service Management allow them to work effectively in these hybrid operating times.

As we are trying to set our product roadmap in accordance with the needs of ITSM teams, I have a specific question: 

What are your main challenges in ITSM processes with JSM?

o We want to improve our time-to-resolution.

o We are hitting a wall trying to improve our customer satisfaction.

o Our internal customers aren't using the JSM portal to create tickets.

o We have problems adapting our ITSM processes to changing trends, like hybrid work, new communication tools, etc.

Thank you for quick insights or further qualitative feedback, as well.

Cheers,

Britta

4 comments

edwin vasquez Community Leader Jul 20, 2021

Hello @Britta Neugebauer !

One of the most common issues I see is not everyone using priorities and urgency as agreed to. Everything is highest priority to everyone.  :-D 

Like # people like this

Depending on the contractual relationship with customers, this can be solved by setting up different costs for each priority.

edwin vasquez Community Leader Sep 14, 2021

Its currently internal, but I like that approach.

One of the biggest challenges that would impact the functioning of ITSM models is adapting them to changing trends. The quick, mass migration of employees from office-based work to home environments will continue to put a great strain on the functioning of ITSM models.

OneVanilla

Like Britta Neugebauer likes this

I agree! Thank you for your input @Kate Green

We found that our ITSM processes / model actually made the rapid change from on-site to a remote workforce seamless.  We found that setup the way we do things it made sure we continued to communicate and collaborate around our ITSM processes and it did not matter if we were all in the same building or spread around the country.   We are currently implementing JSM and it is not our current tool.  We developed ITSM business processes that we use to guide our tool implementation.  Our 2 biggest challenges have always been, driving customers to our portal for self service and knowledge and creating better automation and workflow in our ticketing processes.  We need to continue to improve on this, especially in our more remote / hybrid working model.  This is a big focus in our JSM implementation.

Like # people like this

Thank you very much, @Alan Skillings! That is useful input. 

Since we are growing very fast, we lack of enough knowledge and regulations in using the Atlassian software stack. So a lot of projects are using the tools in a very intense manner, but none of the projects use it the same way. Currently we suspect, that training the tools and standards is just one way to bring that knowledge into the company - another way could be making the tools and implemented processes more self explaining and intuitive. That would be nice to have, since something like that could be implemented quite automatically

Like # people like this

I like that idea, thank you very much @Daniel Kielmann !

The biggest issue I have faced using JSM is showing custom fields in the portal (Requests list)

Like Britta Neugebauer likes this

Comment

This widget could not be displayed.
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing: Incident Responders and Linked Alerts in Jira Service Management

THESE FEATURES ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS --- Hello Atlassian Community! Today, we’re excited to announce the rollout of two new incident management features in Jira Service Managem...

1,761 views 10 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you