Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What AQL should I use when importing .csv file and the attribute is type object?

Laszlo Andras Kiss November 30, 2022

I've created a .csv file which contains a table which I want to import to create an Object type. The object type and its attributes are already created. Some of the attributes I've created are of type Object referencing another object type under another object schema. 

When mapping the columns of the csv file to the attributes, what is the AQL I need to use for the import to fill in the attributes that are Objects? 

Basically, I have an object that is called Staff and a csv file for Application inventory which has a column for Application Manager which should be populated by matching the name from the object Staff. Can anyone help? 

1 answer

1 vote
Eric Pozzobon February 9, 2023

AQL basically works like this:

Say you have two Object Types:

User
Computer

On the Computer Object Type, you have the "Owner" field which links back to your user object.
On the User Object Type, you have the "Worker ID" field tagged.

If you are importing Computers, and need to add the user reference, your import you would set up the following mapping:

Data source field = Email <-- This will be the field on your csv
Destination attribute = "Owner" <-- This is the attribute on the computer type object
AQL = 'Email = ${Worker ID}'

Hope this provides a good reference, I know this syntax can feel confusing!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events