Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhooks triggering multiple times as soon as we attach a file in JIRA Issue

shrikant maheshwari June 3, 2021

Hi All,

I have created a webhook and it gets triggered on create and update event.

So whenever a user is attaching an Attachment in JIRA by either dragging and dropping a file or by browsing a file  a corresponding file name in the comment section could also be seen at the same time stamp.

So now  my webhook is getting triggered twice, one for the attachment and one for the comment at the same time which is creating a problem in Jitterbit as there are multiple hits received resulting into multiple getting attached in the destination system.

Could you please help on how to resolve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Bartosz Ornatowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hi @shrikant maheshwari 

Thanks for your question.

It is not clear from your message in what way you have set up the WebHook automation. I assume you have done that through the global configuration page {your.jira}/plugins/servlet/webhooks. This feature is part of Jira Core.

This way of automating webhooks has quite limited options around filtering the events that trigger them. Jira Service Management and Automation for Jira (marketplace app) have much superior filtering mechanisms that you may find useful for your case.

In terms of what filtering could exactly be applied will depend on your use case for the information collected by the webhooks. If you would like to elaborate that part, we might be able to provide you some more concrete advice.

Lastly, regarding the event triggering the webhook twice, it is like that by design. Attachment added is an issue updated event, and comment added is an issue updated event, so Webhook will be triggered twice. JSM Automation and Automation for Jira will be able to respond to the events with some more elaborate conditions, so may prove more useful here.

Thanks,
Bart
Jira Service Management

ps. if this answer is correct, please select the ‘accept answer’ button

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events