Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We couldn’t update your object type Not possible to set inheritance when child object types already

EvaNali Spacek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2023

I unchecked the box under Inheritance "Pass all attributes to child object types" and then I wanted to check the box again, but It didn't let me. How do I put it back, please? 

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

Hi @EvaNali Spacek,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Do you have child object types already created? The inheritance can only be enabled on an object type that don't have any child objects.

EvaNali Spacek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2023

Hello Mikael. Thank you for your reply. Appreciated. 

The inheritance was already enabled for the child object types I've created before. The only thing I did was uncheck the inheritance, and then I wanted to just check it back as it was before, but it didn't let me. It should let me make a checkmark next to "Pass all attributes to child object type" just as I had it originally setup before. 
Now, the List View option doesn't work either. 

Thank you kindly for your help, Mikael. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events