Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to clone / copy issues from Service Desk to Jira Project

Michelle Chu June 14, 2021

Hello! Can someone please provide a list of methods to automate the migration of content (including custom fields) from a Service Desk ticket to a Jira Company / Classic Project?

Please note:

• any 3rd party integrations are likely off the table due to possible data / security concerns
  • I am open to JSON solutions
  • I have tried 3 different automations already, none were successful

If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

@Michelle Chu - hey Michelle! Innnnnteresting!

automate the migration of content (including custom fields) from a Service Desk ticket to a Jira Company / Classic Project

Regarding the above, can you describe the problem space / business context behind this? I do appreciate the constraints provided so far...

Assuming this is all within a single Jira Cloud instance, and migration means "copy"?

Michelle Chu June 23, 2021

Business context: we are using Service Desk as an interface for intake, but want to leverage Jira project to manage the projects, if they are more complex in nature.

We have tried the automations but unfortunately the information is not migrating over. 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

@Michelle Chu - what information isn't migrating over from the JSM project to the other Jira project?

Michelle Chu June 23, 2021

It's all information from custom fields. The Service Desk project is Next Gen / Team, the Jira project is Classic / Company.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

Ahhh, that may complicate things! Let me check with folks who have more Team-Managed experience for their thoughts.

Like Michelle Chu likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events