Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Our customer (Manager) has a team that creates JIRA Service Desk tickets but the Manager is unable to voice the tickets opened by the team.  

How can I provide the Manager with access to the Team's tickets without providing access to all open tickets?

The team does not have the capability to add as a Watcher and I am unable to add as a Watcher because the Manager is not on my team.  The only folks I can add as a Watcher are 'Service Desk Team Member' and the Manager is a 'Service Desk Customer'.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi @Malinda Sands 

The way I usually do is adding the customer as "Request Participant". 

The other way, is having organization set in every ticket that this manager should see, and customer permissions set to share with organization. 

In both cases, the customer manager will see the issues from customer portal. 

Thanks for your response Patricia.

How would I go about adding the customer as "Request Participant" or have organization set in every ticket?  

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jun 27, 2021

Hi @Malinda Sands

to add the person who wants to see the request also I would suggest using some sort of Automation.

I came across a similar question which could give an idea what is possible and you could check if the approach is something you find suitable for your scenario as well.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Automating-Custom-Hidden-Field-Based-on-Organization/qaq-p/1732374

Of course, you could fine-tune it according to your needs but it shows the basic idea very well.
In case you have further questions I believe Community members with extended knowledge on Automation will be happy to assist.

Regards,
Daniel

I wasn't able to resolve the issue; however, I appreciate the responses.  Thank you.

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jul 04, 2021

Oh, I see. In case you have questions towards this approach let Community know anytime. The idea behind it, roughly, is to say: when person X raises a request put manager Y to request participants - as for "Automation" there should be less manual intervention be needed, people do not forget to take action ... the manager can see the request right away.

However, I see it can be complicated so the basic "Share" could come in handy.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-service-management-issue-sharing-962968441.html
In the page listed as "Approach 1". When your project is configured so that sharing is allowed with an organization the customer could share their requests with their manager.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Atlympic Event: Jira Service Managemnt

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

298 views 4 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you