Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watcher

Malinda Sands June 23, 2021

Our customer (Manager) has a team that creates JIRA Service Desk tickets but the Manager is unable to voice the tickets opened by the team.  

How can I provide the Manager with access to the Team's tickets without providing access to all open tickets?

The team does not have the capability to add as a Watcher and I am unable to add as a Watcher because the Manager is not on my team.  The only folks I can add as a Watcher are 'Service Desk Team Member' and the Manager is a 'Service Desk Customer'.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Hi @Malinda Sands 

The way I usually do is adding the customer as "Request Participant". 

The other way, is having organization set in every ticket that this manager should see, and customer permissions set to share with organization. 

In both cases, the customer manager will see the issues from customer portal. 

Malinda Sands June 23, 2021

Thanks for your response Patricia.

How would I go about adding the customer as "Request Participant" or have organization set in every ticket?  

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2021

Hi @Malinda Sands

to add the person who wants to see the request also I would suggest using some sort of Automation.

I came across a similar question which could give an idea what is possible and you could check if the approach is something you find suitable for your scenario as well.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Automating-Custom-Hidden-Field-Based-on-Organization/qaq-p/1732374

Of course, you could fine-tune it according to your needs but it shows the basic idea very well.
In case you have further questions I believe Community members with extended knowledge on Automation will be happy to assist.

Regards,
Daniel

Malinda Sands June 29, 2021

I wasn't able to resolve the issue; however, I appreciate the responses.  Thank you.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2021

Oh, I see. In case you have questions towards this approach let Community know anytime. The idea behind it, roughly, is to say: when person X raises a request put manager Y to request participants - as for "Automation" there should be less manual intervention be needed, people do not forget to take action ... the manager can see the request right away.

However, I see it can be complicated so the basic "Share" could come in handy.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-service-management-issue-sharing-962968441.html
In the page listed as "Approach 1". When your project is configured so that sharing is allowed with an organization the customer could share their requests with their manager.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events