Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to know any notification to be sent to approvers till those requests are getting appoved!

Deleted user December 21, 2022

Hello All,

I have seen that when user created a request there will be email triggered to user as well as approver. Asking approver to approve or decline the request.

Let say if someone created a request and approver mistakenly deleted that approval request Atlassian mail. so there will be a confusion on both them and this could delay approving those requests.

For that above issue. if we have notification option of sending notification to approvers if that ticket is pending for their approval at-least once a day. this could help. For ex: user created request on 1st dec and then mail will be triggered to approver on same day, then 2nd,3rd till approver approving the request. Frequency of triggering mail could once a day is fine.

If anyone found a way of implementation above mechanism. please let me know.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2022

Hello @[deleted] 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Have you investigated the Automation for Jira functionality? You could set up a rule run daily to look for all unapproved requests that are 2 days or more old and send emails to the approvers.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

Charbel Jarjour September 26, 2023

But let's say there are many approvers in the approver field, how can we trigger the automation only for those who didn't approve?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2023

@Charbel Jarjour 

Please start a new Question and provide all the relevant information to your scenario; i.e. hosting type, type of project in use, how you are annotating in the issue which approvers have already approved the request.

0 votes
Deleted user December 29, 2022

Thanks @Trudy Claspill For response.

Seems this answer would definitely help me to resolve my requirement.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events