Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to find out duplicate tickets based on custom field value

Hi All,

I want to find out duplicate tickets and to link the duplicate ticket with the original one based on the value of a custom field when a customer raises a ticket from customer portal.

Can anyone suggest

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

2 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Hello @Chetan Krishna Sai Naidu/Jira-Admin 

You could do that using the Automation for Jira feature.

The Trigger for the rule would be "Issue Created".

If you want this to apply to only certain types of issues you could add Conditions.

You could then use the For Branch / Related Issues / JQL option to find issues based on a JQL statement looking for issues with the specified value in the custom field.

Within the branch you would then use the Link Issue action to link the found issue(s) with the issue that triggered the rule.

Hi @Trudy Claspill ,

Thank you for your quick reply,

I want to do it for every time the issue is getting created, it should check for all the created issues. Also, it should check me different values for different time, for which I cannot give a single value in JQL to search.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

You don't need to give an explicit value in the JQL. You would use the Smart Value for the custom field in the trigger issue.

The JQL would look something like this:

project=<your project> and <your custom field>={{triggerIssue.<your custom field name>}}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events