Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View only the linked issues in a diferent project

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2020

I was not able to find more information about this so perhaps someone here has run in to the same use case.

We currently have 2 JSD projects (lets call them A and B) and the browse project permissions are restricted to 2 different groups.

Group 1: Can view/create issues in both projects.

Group 2: Can only view/create issues in project B

Now the thing is, if group 1 creates a linked issue in project B, I would like it that Group 2 can also see and open that initial (linked) issue. Currently as group 2 has no permissions on project A they cannot see the ticket linked.

I do no wish to grant Group 2 full view permissions on project A but would only like them to see the issues that are linked to an issue on project B.

Any thoughts? I was initially thinking of issue level security, as in setting a default security level on the tickets in project A and removing it once it becomes linked to Project B but that is prone to all kinds of mistakes.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2020

Hello @Dirk Ronsmans 

My first thought was issue security also.

But you can automate this.

I would create two-issue security levels, first would be the default only group A can view

Second would be A & B can view, and I would automate this part.

When a linked issue is created to project B, edit the trigger issue, and set its security level.

You set the default security level A, so when an issue is created security level would be added.

I would create roles for project B people and add this role to security, also you need to add this role to browse permission.

This is my idea of what I would do.

BR, Olga

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2020

Indeed, same idea as I had then :)

I was just hoping that I missed some permisisons where it would automagically allow you to view the issues when they are linked (and you just open them from the linked issues view)

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2020
Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events