Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version updated rule triggered each seconds, leads to Monthly rule executions have been exceeded

Petr Novotný August 22, 2022

Trying to synchronise versions between multiple projects using automation. Have already done create/release/unrelease actions successfully. But still I need to synchronise when release date or other property is update. I wanted to use Version updated rule, but it triggers each seconds, so I reach montly execution limit quickly.

Any ideas how to synchronise versions between projects other way?

2 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Petr Novotný Are you using an app that updates issues or has an external integration?

Petr Novotný August 25, 2022

As I know we use Aha integration, that should be the only one. Don't know how it works exactly, but it sounds likely that it updates versions continuously.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

I am not familiar with that apps integration.  I would suggest asking Aha how often their integration sends over updates to the version.  The key is that something is triggering version updates.  I would suggest working with then on settings it sounds like something is kicking off version changes every second which is causing the automation to run.  

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

Hi @Petr Novotný , could you share the config of your automation rule (trigger, condition, action) in a screenshot?

Petr Novotný August 22, 2022

Here is picture with log, is it enough?

jiraautomationlog.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

@Petr Novotný The log just shows how often the automation is running.  Can you actually share the rules logic so we can see why it is running that often?

Petr Novotný August 23, 2022

@Brant Schroeder Hi, u can see the logic on the picture's left side. There is just a Version updated trigger followed by Send web request action. For a while there was also Create variable action.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

@Petr Novotný What is causing the version to update ever second?

Petr Novotný August 24, 2022

@Brant Schroeder That's what I don't know. I supposed it will trigger when someone go to edit version and confirm changes, as it works similar way for Create/Release/Unrelease version trigger, but it does not look so.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events