Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validator not working correctly

Justin Miller July 7, 2021

So we are in the process of migrating to Jira, but I can't figure out how to make a field required within the ticket. What I would like to do is when a user resolves a ticket they must input a resolution (which is a multi-text field) I have made a validator for the required field which is resolution but it's not working when I transition to resolve. I just have to select the reason for resolving the ticket and nothing else. The resolution field remains blank. Has anyone had any issues with this?

The first picture shows the field (resolution) that I would like to make required. The second picture shows what is prompted when resolving an issue and after hitting resolve the resolution field remains blank with no errors.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

So my first advice here is do not create a custom field called “resolution“. You should not duplicate names on any fields particularly those that are default system fields. This might be the fundamental cause of you not seeing your multi text “resolution field“. If you select resolution you’re likely selecting the default system field. Can you rename your custom field to something other than resolution and re-attempt?

Justin Miller July 7, 2021

You are a lifesaver Jack! That was the exact issue. I changed the wording to workaround and it finally works. Now I have to figure out what to rename it lol

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events