Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilise reporters email domain to create an Organisation if it does not exist

Anthony R July 4, 2024

Has anyone found a better solution then automation for creating Organisations.

We have a public facing Support desk portal and a couple of years ago when we implemented JSM we needed a way to identify and report on the organisations that interact with us so we implemented an automation that I found here to create the organisation based upon the reporters email domain.
E.g.

Org Automation Edit component .png

This automation works very well. The problem is it works too well. We're on the standard plan and this automation is consuming a large percentage of our limit.

I saw that Atlassian announced this afew months ago 

Automatically manage JSM customers and organizations at scale (atlassian.com)

But it doesn't appear to resolve our problem because it appears at least in my testing to only work for existing Organisations not NEW organisations.

Does any one have any suggestions on how we might fix this OR how we could fix the automation to reduce the number of times it successfully runs?

And before anyone asks, yes we are looking at upgrading to Premium but that may take months.... looking for a solution for now.....

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2024

Hi Anthony,

I doubt you need this to happen immediately, so you should consider changing the trigger to be based on a Scheduled trigger instead of firing on every create. Then schedule it to run a couple of times a day.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events