Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using one login for my app and service desk

smorhaim September 6, 2021

We have developed an app in Angular and want to integrate with service desk. How can we carry over the logged in user to service desk? 

I've seen some replies about using SSO, LDAM, etc... but this seems an overkill. I just need the logged in user to carry over without having to implement all of that. 

Any alternatives?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2021

Hello @smorhaim,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding and also to provide the correct information here, we would need more details about how your app is communicating with Jira. 

Will your app redirect customers to log in to the portal or redirect internal licensed users to log in to Jira?

Here are some documentation that might help you:

Kind regards,
Angélica

smorhaim September 8, 2021

Thank you for the reply. 

The goal is to redirect the users of our SaaS, to the portal to create support tickets, and/or see updates to their existing tickets without requiring them to log-in or register on the service portal separately.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2021

Thank you for the details, @smorhaim.

I’m afraid to say that it won’t be possible.

Customers’ accounts are stored locally in Jira, they don’t have an Atlassian account by default, so they need to log in to the portal to view the tickets they created.

The portal can be login-free, they can create tickets without logging in, but to view them, it will be necessary to log in with an email and password.

What can be done, in this case, is to create their accounts in Jira as internal users (no need to add them to groups, so they won’t count towards a license) and then, use Atlassian access so you can use the User Provisioning feature. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events