Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using @mention in ServiceDesk comments not working as expected

Paul Richard March 4, 2022

When service desk agents try to use the @mention functionality in a comment, the list of proposed users consists of only the reporter, assignee and other agents. I've checked the Browser Users permission and the agents are members of a group assigned this permission. Adding users as participants to the issue doesn't help. Is there another permission that is needed?

Software/Core version is 8.2.2

Service Desk version is 4.2.2

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2022

@Paul Richard this is right, as @mentions are not send out to customers in your version of JSM.

@mentions to customers are included with version 4.18.1. See here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1476

@Kai BeckerLooks like an upgrade is on the cards. Thanks for this!

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2022

Hello @Paul Richard 

Have a look at the Browse Users and Groups global permission.  It's the one that manages the users you see with the @mention functionality.

Thanks @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ but as I mentionned I did check Browse Users under global permissions and the users I would like be able to @mention anyone are members of groups which are assigned to Browse Users. I was looking for other explanations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events