Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using custom fields to say if issue was created by email or portal request form

Support Agent April 17, 2024

Hi,

We are currently exploring the option of potentially disabling the ability to create support tickets via email and instead, only permitting their creation through our portal request form.

To achieve this, I've created a custom field (label "Channel") within the request form. I've set it to be hidden and configured it to populate as "Portal" when submissions come through that route. However, I've encountered an issue where the field is also populated as "Portal" when tickets are submitted via email.

I attempted to address this by changing the default value of the custom field to "Email," hoping it would dynamically switch to "Portal" when used via the portal, while remaining as "Email" when created via email. Unfortunately, this approach did not yield the desired result.

Could anyone offer any insights or suggestions, please? Ultimately, our goal is to leverage automation based on the value of this customer field. Alternatively, if automation isn't feasible, is there a way to prevent tickets from being created via certain channels?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

Hello @Support Agent 

I think if you implement the solution described in the following article then your problem will be solved.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/using-the-request-channel-type-property-on-filters-1188759288.html

Support Agent April 18, 2024

Thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events