cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Service Management as a MSP

BrianMc
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 17, 2023

Are there any Managed Services Providers (MSP) out there who are using Jira Service Management to support external customers in a B2B environment?

Based on a review of the product documentation, the feature-set appears to match our requirements but seems more focussed on an internal support function than one which supports multiple external organisations in a shared services model (customer data segregation, etc).

Are there any real-world use cases of organisations using Jira SM in this way and what challenges did people face in deploying in this way?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 vote
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2023

Hi @BrianMc ,

I interviewed the CTO at Olive Communications (since acquired and name has changed) that provided managed services for cloud communications, and this testimonial covers a large part of their set up (as well as a focus on the apps from the company I work for). Hopefully it can give you some ideas: https://elements-apps.com/about/clients/olive-communications/

1 vote
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2023

Hi @BrianMc 

I'd check out the case studies: 

It's a good starting point to get an idea on how other organisations use it.

It's definitely suited for external customers - Atlassian themselves use it for that :)

Ste

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

Adaptavist use it for our managed services, product support, and Assist (Atlassian admin as a service), as well as internal support.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events