Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Jira for Customer Onboarding

Michael Bois July 24, 2021

I have a lengthy customer onboarding training. It is divided into 9 sessions, and each session has over 4 subtasks, and some of these have sub-sub-tasks. Many customers don't complete it and feel confident to intuit their way after 4 or 5 sessions (though some customers need the whole 9 yards).

The onboarding process is the same for every customer. 

I would like to set up a template of sorts so that when a new customer is being onboarded their account manager can commence the "training" and:

- track progress

- set reminders to follow up

- add notes to customer profile

Within each sub-task I want to store links and content relevant to that topic so that staff don't have to manage separate training resources.

Which is the best way to set this up so I can achieve the most of my desired outcomes? 

1 answer

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2021

We have a customer “white glove” process for Onboarding. I set this up with Automation. For the white glove project I use Epics for each new customer. When an epic is created then an automation rule creates all tasks and sub-tasks. Each are assigned to the proper owners. Appropriate fields are filled in as needed.

Rafael Lascano July 10, 2023

@Jack Brickey that sounds fascinating, can we connect? I would really appreciate learning how to automate an onboarding project template.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events