Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Jira Assets for ITAM, how to find invalid/expired certificates in our environment?

Adam Ross-Schmid March 24, 2023

I'm not sure if this capability exists, but I've been pouring over every Jira Assets guides/articles/how to's and I'm having trouble locating an answer to this.  Does Jira Assets have the capability of scanning the environment and reporting on where expired certificates exist in our environment?  If so, how?  I can do it with our vulnerability scanner, but I'm trying to get the information from Assets Discovery scans.

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Assets Discovery can scan your network and gather information like IP and MAC addresses without using credentials. However, providing credentials equivalent to local admins can yield additional information such as hostname, user profiles, CPU, RAM, and installed software. As for scanning and reporting on expired certificates, I'm afraid I couldn't find any information on whether Assets Discovery has this capability or not. You may want to consult Atlassian Support or explore other plugins or tools that specialize in scanning for expired certificates.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events