Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User status not updating in user management

Niklas Häcker May 11, 2022

We have invited some employees of our company to our service desk to test everything before rolling jira out to all employees, but I have some problems with the user status.

All users hace received their invitation email, created their atlassian accounts and used the customer portal to create issues, but they still only show up as "invited" with their last activity set as the date of the invitation, while other accounts like mine show correctly as active.
None of the accounts (except for the 3 admins) have product access to either service management or jira administration, but can access the customer portal, could this be the cause of these issues? There is one account with no product access who still shows as active, so I have no idead what causes the problem.
All accounts have been created over a week ago, so it's not a syncronisation issue.

Here is a screenshot of the current status (it's in german but I hope you can still see the issue)

2022-05-11 11_41_00-Window.png

2 answers

0 votes
paul_price April 24, 2024

Comment, not answer: Would prefer if they set the status on the user administrative portal to "Portal Only" instead of invited - makes user administration unnecessarily difficult. 

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2022

Hi Niklas,

I understand that you are looking at the administration section for Users in your Cloud site, but that these users are not updating within this view.

There was an improvement request for this over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-7829 however it was explained that this is expected behavior

The 'Invited' Status will not change to 'Active' until the user performs some specific tasks within a product, such as viewing or creating a Jira issue or Confluence page.

JSM complicates this to some degree though. Only licensed product users are expected to update these values on this administration page when they take some product specific action.  And all the users that only have access to the customer portal are unlicensed users.

You should still be able to see these users instead by going to htps://[yoursite].atlassian.net/admin/jira-service-desk/portal-only-customers

This will redirect you to the admin.atlassian.com domain where you can see/manage these portal only customers.  Try checking here, it should be able to provide to you the info I think you are looking for here.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events