Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User rights on queues

Evert Morren May 17, 2022

I want to add rights on queues, so that only specific queues are visible for specific agents. Is that possible?

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2022

Hi Evert,

As others mentioned, the native queues can't be restricted to some users. They can be only starred and thanks to this being on the top in the list.

If you want to achieve your goal, you have to use our app Queues for Jira Service Management. It allows you to restrict queues to specific Jira groups. We can also add the possibility to select some users if you want - this app is still under development. If you have a small Jira instance, I strongly recommend you to try our app - it's free up to 10 users.

Cheers,

Kate

Hi Kate,

Thanks for answering.

Regards.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Clarke
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Hi Evert,

Hana is right you can't hide queues from certain users in the same project, but one workaround could be to make certain issues invisible to certain users by using Issue Level Security.

Here's a good article on what Issue Security Schemes are, and here's a video demonstration of setting one up.

For example if you have 3 teams in JSM "IT Support" "Customer Service" and "HR" using the same project and customer portal (which would be a bit weird, but let's roll with it) you could have 3x Project Roles or Groups that match the team name.
Then you could create 3 security levels with these names in the Issue Security Scheme, and add these groups/users/project roles to the appropriate level. 
You may also need to consider how these issues would differ from each other and how the "Security Level" field will get filled (maybe a rule in Jira Automation to say if the issue meets certain conditions, then set the Security field to "Customer Service" etc)

This way even though the queues are visible to everyone, the issues inside the queues are only visible to the Service Desk agents who belong to the appropriate Security Level.

Another tip would be to suggest each team clicks the star against the queues that they need to keep an eye on, this will pin the queues towards the top of the list, the rest can then be ignored.

I've not tried doing this myself, and it seems like it would add quite a bit of overhead but it could be an option.

If you need to draw a blackout curtain between issues and users, have you thought about multiple projects instead?

Mike Clarke
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

lol Hana's reply about starring queues came in as I was typing this out.

Sounds like the best option to simplify the UI for your agents

Hi Mike,

Thanks.

Regards.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2022

Hi @Evert Morren ,

AFAIK this is not possible.

May I ask you why you need such a functionality? Maybe there's another possibility how to solve it. Thank you.

Hi Ana, thanks for answering. 

We use already issue-level security, so only specific issues are visible for specific agents, but the can see all the queues. I am looking that the only see the specific queue which is applicable for the specific security level.

regards,

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2022

Queues can be starred, so maybe you can tell your agents to star only the queues, which are relevant to them, but you cannot hide them completely from them.

Like Mike Clarke likes this

Hi Hana,

Thanks.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders