cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User don't have permission to view a case that created by her

Ken Loh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

Dear Jira

We have an user who cannot view a case that created/reported by her. She has no issue to view & access other cases (created by her) under the same project.

We have tried below methods, but the issue still persists, please advise:

• clear browser cache
  • tried in Edge and Chrome (private and normal mode)
  • Sign out and sign in again

1.png

3 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Ken Loh 

This is just one ticket?

A few simple checks...

• Is the request type or issue type unique for this ticket?
  • Is it visible in the agent view?
  • Are there any Issue Security Schemes for this Project, which might be hiding the ticket?
  • Are there any Automation Rules running which could be impacting this ticket?

Ste

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

@Ken Loh -

Welcome to the community.  Based on your screenshot, the user doesn't have access to your portal.  Is the user an agent or just a customer?  In addition, did you check to see if the user is called out to have access to the project via the portal UI?

Lastly, do you have issue security scheme implemented in your project?  It means that if the user is not called out against the issue's Security Level tag, then he/she will not have visibility to the issue at all even he/she created the issues.  In our env, when we use issue security scheme implementation, we always add the "Reporter" to all security levels that we setup for a given project.

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Ken Loh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 31, 2024

Hi Joseph

Thank you for the information. It's strange that user still not able to view that case but can view other cases (same issue type, she is the reporter, etc).

0 votes
Emily _ DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Ken Loh and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you've encountered a visibility problem in Jira Service Management. Consider to:

1. Check Permissions: Review both the project permissions and any security settings. Sometimes security levels can change, affecting who can see certain cases.

2. Issue Security Scheme: Double-check if the case was assigned a specific security level that might restrict access to the reporter or certain groups.

3. Status and Visibility: Ensure the case hasn’t been moved to a status with restricted visibility. Also, verify that no automation rules have unexpectedly changed the issue’s visibility to the reporter.

4. User Roles and Access: Make sure that the user's role or group memberships haven't changed, especially if they are supposed to have access based on their role.

In case the problem persists afterward, consider reaching out to Atlassian Support for further assistance and troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events