Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User doesn't receive notification emails from specific project

Deleted user December 20, 2022

Hi, I have a user who is also and administrator, which doesn't receive emails from a single project, he does receive notifications from others projects.

notificationHelper.png

As I see in the Notification Helper, he should receive them.

I also checked if he has any inbox rule and doesn't have any which interfere with those tickets.

I did a research and at this point I don't have any clue where should I keep looking.

1 answer

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

You got notification helper from the specific project the user is not receiving notifications?

Team-managed project x company-managed projects works differently.

This helper uses company-managed project notifications schemes to check.

If the mentioned project is a team-managed project, so you need to check the configuration directly in the project. 

Deleted user December 20, 2022

Hi, thank you for the fast response,

Yes, the image is the project from which he isn't receiving notifications.

The project is indeed a team-managed project, but the notifications are by default, and the other users in the same positions are receiving them without issues.

Deleted user December 22, 2022

The issue is resolved, it happened to be an internal Jira issue, I'll share the answer from the support:

The cause for that is Atlassian tried to send a request to that address and for some reason couldn't reach the user mailbox (maybe the email address was not totally propagated on the mail server, IP block, etc). Our email system maintains a suppression list of recipient email addresses that have recently caused a hard bounce for any customer. If you try to send an email to an address that is on the suppression list, the call to Jira succeeds, but we treat the email as a hard bounce instead of attempting to send it.

We are currently looking into making the mail system's suppression list more accessible you can track this feature here:

This feature is Under Consideration which means our development team is looking into this suggestion and believe it to be a strong candidate for our roadmap. They will continue investigating and provide a follow-up in a few months time.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events