Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User cannot see populated drop down list

Chris Boscawen October 18, 2021

When a user/customer attempts to create a ticket in Jira Service desk Cloud, we have a dropdown field for them to select their "manager". This drop down customer field is the customer field "user pricker (single user)".

Myself as the IT director and my service desk staff can see the drop down list employeers and can search for users.

All other staff not on my team cannot use this picker. its remains blank and does not populate the list or allow them to search for users.

Do I need to change a permission for this to work? or is there a general setting for all Service Desk customers to use this? 

Note that all employees have active Jira licenses. But only my IT team has the service management license

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

Hello @Chris Boscawen,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When customers can’t browse users or customers on user picker custom fields on the customer portal, it means that they don’t have permission for such action.

With this said, please, go to Project settings > Customer permissions (company-managed) or Project settings > Channels > Customer permissions (team-managed) and change the Customer sharing permission to Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 15.11.18.png

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Chris Boscawen October 19, 2021

This worked! Thank you for the help and explanation of how this setting works.

Like # people like this
TD April 9, 2024

Hello @Angélica Luz , I am using Jira Service Management and the suggested solution is not an option when I go to Customer Permissions. Is there a different setting to change for the same issue within Jira Service Management (Data Center)?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events