cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User can only view the assignee field

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2022

Hey,

I want that users can only view the assignee field they cannot edit them, they can only edit while transitioning the issue, is it possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan this is possible.

First of all, create separate screens for each issue operation, place the Assignee field on the view issue screen only.

Then, in your screen scheme, assign each screen to the corresponding issue operation (create, edit, view)

Create a transition screen with the Assignee field and add the transition screen to a transition (or multiple) in your workflow.

This way, the Assignee field can only be filled/changed during a transition. Make sure the Assignee field is not required as it is not filled in during creation of an issue.

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2022

Hey, I have tried this solution but unfortunately the Assignee field still remains visible in detailed view of issue

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

Oh, so you want to completely remove it, even from the issue detail view? But why?

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2022

If it is visible in the edit view, means it is editable.

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2022

Look what I want is ti just visible on both images but in the issue detailed view it is editable as well. I don't want to hide this I just want same as in the screenshot on viewable

Editable.pngOnly Visible.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events