Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Smart Values now show only as "@user"

Michael Aniskovich May 16, 2023

Hello.  Since our move to the Cloud, I've found that smart values for assignee and reporter both are rendering as "@user".  How do I fix this?  Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Michael Aniskovich - could you please share a screenshot of where you are seeing @user instead of the expected smart values for assignee and reporter?

You're using Automation for Jira, and migrated your rules as well?

One significant difference between on-prem and Cloud is that user IDs are no longer usernames (like darryllee), but rather a unique/unguessable ID like 123456:55ffffff-d999-4ddd-bbbb-bf9999999c4f

This was done for GDPR compliance. There's an old announcement about it here:

And a bit more about it here, with regards to Automation:

Now that I read that, I'm wondering if perhaps you have some automations to send emails to {{reporter}} or {{reporter.name}}, and they're now saying things like:

Hi 557058:5aedf933-2312-40bc-b328-0c21314167f0, Please respond. Cheers Atlassian

Instead of:

Hi johns, Please respond. Cheers Atlassian

As that page mentions, one possible "fix" is to change that smart value to {{reporter.displayName}}.

Please let me know if this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events