Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Permission on Component and Filter

Narayan P July 24, 2021

Hi 

Is it possible to assign permissions to users based on components and filters? 

For example, I don't want a developer user to see all the issues which are under the "Engineering" component.   

Also, is it possible to control the permission of users on "Filters" 

2 answers

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2021

Hi, @Narayan P !

Welcome to the Community!

You have an interesting case to R&D. 

If you don't have any additional apps:

It looks to me that you can:

a) create issue security level on each "component",

b) create "project roles" on each "component",

c) then in workflow configurations add a post-function "Set issue security level based on user's project role", for example, on creation-transition. 

So each project role will see just their issues(in filters, gadgets, reports, dashboards, boards).

If you have any additional apps, for example,ScriptRunner for Jira:

Maybe you can create your own logical script that will set right issue security level, depends on components value on issue-creation.

Some years ago I made it on Jira Server.

Good luck!

0 votes
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2021

@Narayan P  Their is no direct way of doing what you are asking but few workarounds to achieve it. You can set up Browse Permission of your project on a group picker filed, now i believe you would be using groups to group your users under project roles if not then i guess you should use groups.

Now you should use automation to set group picker value based on component selected.

Same came be done for other permissions also, I know you can use Security scheme in somewhat same way but i personally find it very confusing and annoying so i use permission scheme to achieve these kind of things.

For filters i don't believe you can control access to it based on users you can control filter access based on either groups ,project roles, your organisation or keep it private

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events