cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use project key instead of number in portal URL

Christophe Pettus
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2024

Right now, the URL for the portal uses a serial number to identify the project (`https://xxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1`). This is pretty insecure, since a `/1` implies the existence of `/2` etc. Is there a way to use the project key (or other identifier) there instead?

2 answers

1 vote
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2024

Hi @Christophe Pettus and welcome!

You can't change this identifier, every portal uses a fixed integer number.

What makes you think that this is insecure? If someone switches the number in the URL, they only get access to the respective portal if they have the permission to see it.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Christophe Pettus
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2024

It makes the open portal feature useless, since anyone who can guess the URL can post issues there. (I'm not commenting on whether open portals are a good idea in general, but that feature does exist.)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events