Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Jira Core for sales and service desk

Gui Ávila October 14, 2020

Hi,

I created a project for sales team using Jira Service Desk, because I needed the "new request" comming from an email message or directly from our Help Center (which JSD creates automatically).

But I saw that Jira Core already as a template specific for sales teams: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/use-jira-core-for-sales-teams/

Can I have a new issue (customer request) created in this project, even though is a Jira Core project and not a JSD project?

Also, if I change the workflow from the JSD project, it would be almost the same as creating a Jira Core project, right?

Please let me know if I understood right how Jira Core and JSD are different from each other.

Thanks,

Gui.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

so one key difference between Jira Core (and JSW) from JSD is in how the users are licensed. With JSD you can have a couple of agents and then all the other users are customers. So in the case of your Sales team it might be that you would have all the Sales team members be free Customers. If you move the Sales project to a core project then you will need to give licenses to all Sales team members.

Oh, understood! Thanks.

And not only that, but the all costumers would need licensed account as well, am I right? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

in Core there isn't the concept of Customers, only in JSD. All users in Core have licenses for access to the application.

Perfect, thanks a lot.

But what you said about "it might be that you would have all the Sales team members be free Customers". I did not understand that. Sales team member should have access to the application, whould manage issues, etc. Can customers do that as well?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events