Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Forms to create a customer report

Jamie Wilson September 6, 2023

I have a service desk for requests for lab work internal to our company. We gather information in the issue relating to the request and the work that was completed. I'd like to use Forms to auto-generate a report, using linked data from the issue. 

There are several fields I can't seem to link to:

• Issue Created Date
  • Issue Resolved Date
  • Issue Key (Number)

I'm note sure this is possible, but I'd like to be able to add all the Issue Comments onto the Form as well. I plan to use an automation to create the form when the issue is resolved, creating a PDF. Which will then act as a standalone Report for the work. 

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2023

Hi @Jamie Wilson,

It might be better and easier to create a powerful dashboard in Jira that serves as a report, by using our Great Gadgets app. 

Have a look over this article on our blog: An effective dashboard for Service Desk and Customer Support teams in Jira Service Management  

Or maybe a custom report in Confluence that you can then export in PDF, by using the same gadgets.

image.png

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,

Danut Manda 

Jamie Wilson September 8, 2023

Thanks for the reply, however the report is a technical analysis report, not a status report so dashboards aren't suitable in this case. 

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2023

@Jamie Wilson -

Using Form to capture data associating to issues is a great solution.  However, if you want to generate reports from the Forms, you will need to Forms' REST API to pull in the data captured in your Form, unless the elements you used in the form setup are linked to JSM issue's fields.  If they are mapped, then you can pull the data by using JQL search results against issues.

As of right now, it is my understanding that Form's data (not mapped to JSM issue fields) are only stored within Forms.

In Atlassian Cloud Roadmap - They are continuing to make REST APIs better (see reference link - https://www.atlassian.com/wac/roadmap/cloud/forms-api-improvements?status=future;comingSoon&search=forms&p=0929119e-59)

Lastly, here is the answer to your 2nd part of your ask -

Issue Created Date - It is the named "created" 

Issue Resolved Date - It is named "resolved"

Issue Key - it is named "issuekey"  (this will always contain the project key along with the issue number)

All three fields can be used in JQL advanced search operation and include in the results.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Jamie Wilson September 8, 2023

Thank you for the response. 

The aim is to have each issue field directly linked to a form field. For the dates however, the only 'created' field available is the 'Date Created' field which is a custom field and not used within this case. The JIRA built in 'created' field isn't an option when I search:

image.png

I can use it in JQL filters no problem, just not when trying to link it with a Form field. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events