Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Field Key to update the Issue summary

Dominik Poważa May 27, 2022

Hi,

I am creating a form for newcomers. 

I would like the Summary of issue to be changed automatically to the "Newcomer - <NAME>".

This <NAME> would be an input from a field in forms.

image.png
I wanted to use the Field Key in automation process, but it doesn't work. The name is not changed. 
Any solution for this?
(I would rather use this Field Key rather than creating custom field. But maybe thats the only way?)

image.pngimage.png

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hi @Dominik Poważa and welcome to the community!

Is that field linked to a Jira field?  The thing with enhanced forms is that if you want to process or report against the fields, you need to have it linked to a Jira field.  Otherwise, it's just there for organizing purposes (i.e. I want guide my customer through a series of questions that I don't care to report against or process).  

Dominik Poważa May 29, 2022

It is not linked to Jira field.

I was hoping I could skip this step and use the "Field Key". 

If I can't use this "Field key" then what is the purpose of it?

Like # people like this
Alex Steinlauf June 13, 2022

I have the same question. To me a real advantage to Forms is the ability to save on how many custom fields I have. For instance combining multiple different text inputs into the Description field. I would assume Field Key is how you would do that by targeting the field in the form but I havn't found any documentation on the purpose of "Field Key" or even if it behaves with smart values.

Like # people like this
Dean Zimmermann October 24, 2022

I found this post while trying to do almost exactly the same thing.  I want to adjust the Summary field to include data on a Jira Form.

I also suspected the Field Key may be a way to access that data from the Automation, but it is not well documented nor are there any hand-holding tips on the screens.

Like Anxhela Suku likes this
Mark Ellis August 2, 2023

I also found this, while trying to do the same thing. I don't want/need more custom fields. I just wanted to create an automation based on this field's data but could not find documentation on using the "field key"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events